In This Issue...Action Required!
- MANDATORY Disney Meeting - UPDATE
- Disney - Form for Prescription Meds/Turn In
- Disney - Complete Breakfast Order/Sign Agreement
- Disney - Return Hemmed Bibbers/All Marching Shoes to Bandroom by 3/16
- LGPE Sign Up - Students/Adults - NEED HELP!
MANDATORY Disney Meeting - UPDATE
Wednesday, March 9th at 6:15pm in the Lassiter Theater. Students SHOULD attend with Parent. Students should download the My Disney Experience app on their phone PRIOR to the meeting and CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
The theater will be occupied until 6pm by another group so we will start promptly at 6:15pm.
- Important Info, Paper Work and Procedures
- Disney Tickets Distributed.
- Ticket numbers will need to be loaded into the app during the meeting.
- Disney app will be used to store their ticket for park entry, order food with their meal cards, etc.
MABRY BAND PARENTS - we learned on Monday that Mabry changed the start time of the concert to 6pm. We understand that you may need to come late to the Disney meeting or leave early. We will make sure you have all the necessary information for the Disney trip. PARENTS OF 7-1 AND 8-1 BAND - Ms. Barnocki is going to push the start time of the 7-1 band to 6:55pm and the 8-1 band to 7:10pm to give us a little extra time for the meeting. Report times for these students will not change. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
Disney - Form for Prescription Meds/Turn In
If your students takes prescription meds, the form below needs to be filled out and turned in along with the prescription meds at one of the Disney parade rehearsals - 4pm - 6pm on March 23rd, 30th or 31st. Chaperones will be collecting the forms and meds. Meds will NOT be accepted the morning of departure for Disney.
Disney - Complete Breakfast Order/Sign Agreement
Please go to the Super Holiday website today, go to the Dashboard and click on the Questionnaire link or look for the Big Blue Button that says ”Add Missing Info” to make your student's breakfast selections (you can pick two items) and sign the agreement.
Disney - Return Hemmed Bibbers/All Marching Shoes by 3/16
Please return HEMMED Bibbers and ALL Marching Shoes to the bandroom beginning this WEDNESDAY.
Racks of garment bags will be in the band room and are arranged roughly in alphabetical order. These uniform pieces need to be in the garment bag by 3/16 for a bag check.
Goal is to have all garment bags ready to go for Disney so no one is scrambling at 4am the day we leave!
Bibber hemming guideline:
If you don't have a preferred Alterations person, Regal Cleaners just past Dunkin Donuts on Sandy Plains will alter bibbers for $10. Phone number is 77-578-7722.
There is a also a place behind Brusters on Trickum - she also knows how to hem (and not cut) bibbers.
LGPE Sign Up - Students/Adults
LGPE will be held at Lassiter March 17th-19th. Many volunteers are needed (students and adults). Students can earn service hours! We are very fortunate to also have help from the Pope and Kell Booster organizations.
We understand that everyone is busy. There are not enough members of the LBBA Board to handle this event. We NEED your HELP! Please review the sign up and donate a couple hours of your day to serve our students as well as the other bands from our District. It's always a special event and we promise it will be well worth your time! Many Pope parents have already signed up and we need to do OUR part and help as well, since we are the host band.
A brief description is listed for each role. We especially need help during the school day on Thursday and Friday since we won't have student help. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share the link with your student!
Eyes With Pride,
Kristin Hawkins & Lisa Kubes
Parent Remind Texts
Text the appropriate code to 81010
This email Blast:
|| Remind Code
Sign up using this form:
Band Directors: Directors@lbba.org
Mar 17-19 LGPE
Mar 23, 30, 31 Disney Parade Reh
Apr 1-5 Disney Trip
Apr 12-14 Spring Fling Pt 1
Apr 19-21 Spring Fling Pt 2
Synchronizing the Band Calendar:
Google Calendar Sync and Android Phones
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. (Calendar.Google.com)
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add From URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided:
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It may take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch "Accounts & Passwords"
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch "Add Account"
- On the Add Account screen, touch "Other"
- Under Calendars, touch "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- For the Server value, enter the URL for the teacher calendar:
- Touch "Next" in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch "Save" to save the subscription.