In This Issue...
- Tree Lot Help Needed Beginning This Saturday!
- Last Call for Senior Brick Orders - Nov. 19th
- Disney Meeting Summary
- 2nd Semester Band Calendar - IMPORTANT
- Marching Band Uniforms - Donations/Uniform Turn In
- Concert Uniform Fittings - Last Call/Donations
- Concert Accessory Payment Due
- Concert Fees Due December 1st - Payment Link Below
- Please post the Disney Calendar! Over $1600 Raised!
- How to Record Student Service Hours
Tree Lot Help Needed Beginning This Saturday!
Did you know that the Lassiter Band Tree Lot was started in the early 1990's? It's an event that our community enjoys and they continue to show amazing support to the band year after year.
Setup begins this Saturday! We can't sell trees without the lot being ready for delivery so WE NEED HELP! Sign up for setup and tree delivery: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F49A9AD2FA3FDC61-tree1
Please sign up to help work at the tree lot! Make it a family event! We need lots of PARENTS AND STUDENTS! If we don't have enough volunteers on any given day, we will have to close the lot.
Tree Lot Volunteers Link - Nov. 26 - Dec. 1
Tree Lot Volunteers Link - Dec. 2 - Dec. 13
And last, but certainly not least - our volunteers will need some nourishment and hydration!
Last Call for Senior Brick Orders - Nov. 19th
Brick order takes a few weeks to receive and we want to have them installed early December so the Seniors can enjoy for the remainder of the school year. Deadline to submit the form and pay is this Friday, Nov. 19th.
Disney Meeting Summary
Thank you to those who attending the meeting last week. We understand that several of you had technology issues or were unable to attend. Below is a quick summary of the information provided:
- Cobb County Schools has mandated 2 students per room for all overnight trips.
- Middle Schools have cancelled spring trips to Disney. However, Lassiter's trip is STILL ON!
- As a result of this mandate, the price for our students will increase $140 per student.
- Super Holiday Tours is currently looking at additional hotels to accommodate the increase in rooms.
- Many have asked for additional fundraising - the calendar fundraiser that we have been communicating, is a VERY easy way to raise money for this trip. We have already received over $1000. If you haven't posted/sent your calendar, please do so! Instructions are below in this Blast. We are also looking at a Peach Sheets fundraiser in January. If you have any fundraising ideas, please let us know.
2nd Semester Band Calendar - IMPORTANT
Please print the calendar for 2nd semester and post at home! Calendar includes Disney Parade Rehearsals as well as dates for July Band Camp (more details to follow). The Google Calendar will be updated soon. https://lassiterbands.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Jan-thru-July-Calendar-2022.pdf
Marching Uniforms - Donations/Uniform Turn In
THANK YOU to Cherie Young, our Uniform Chairperson, and volunteer Nikki Grzelka. These ladies issued over 100 concert band uniforms in THREE HOURS! You ladies are AMAZING! It took 3 volunteers 15 hours over five days to fit for marching attire! We have a small number of volunteers doing the bulk of the work - if you see a call out for help, please consider helping! We are ALL busy, but a few extra hands makes the process go faster!
ALL marching uniform pieces should have been returned. This includes anyone NOT participating in the Disney parade and/or not returning next year. Please work with your student to make sure their uniform is turned in!
Marching Accessory Donations - if your student has outgrown their marching band accessories and they are gently used (banner shirts and shoes especially), please consider donating them to the uniform closet. Donated items are useful to hand out if students forget an item on game day.
Concert Uniform Fittings- Last Call/Donations
Anyone who missed concert attire fitting can come to the closet from 5:00-5:30pm on Mondays.
If you have more than 1 bow tie at home, please return one! We have very few left in the uniform closet to loan out if someone forgets one on concert day!
Concert Accessory Payments Due
- Order Form: https://lassiterbands.org/product-category/concert-attire/
- Click on each Accessory needed and Add to Cart
- Tux Shirt $18
- Cummerbund $7
- Bow Tie $3
- Pearl Necklace $9.75
- Access your cart and pay
- Cart icon can be found in the upper right hand corner if you are on a laptop or at the bottom of the menu when you click on the menu drop down.
Concert Fees Due December 1st - Payment Link Below
Reminder - if your student is enrolled in a band class during the school day, he/she is in concert band. This applies to all marching students. Required concert fees of $150 are used for Symphonic Camp, to bring in guest clinicians and instructors for each instrument, guest clinicians, purchase music, etc. Please make sure these fees are paid on time: https://lassiterbands.org/shop/fees/concert-season-fees/
Please post the Disney Calendar! Over $1600 Raised!
We haven't seen many of these calendars floating around on social media - PLEASE post! Those who have posted are getting amazing responses from people! Many of you have asked for fundraising for Disney and this is such an EASY one to do! Just post the information and you are done! We've even had Band Alumni and Band Parent Alumni donate money!
If every family participates in this fundraiser, we are going to have great results! If you've already posted, THANK YOU! and be sure to regularly comment often so the post keeps showing up on people's social media feeds.
1. Post the “Mickey” calendar image
2. Add the following text and link:
In April 2022, my son/daughter is traveling to Walt Disney World to march down Main Street for the 50th Anniversary parade! After a year of such hard times and limited travel, we’d be so grateful if you could help contribute to offset the cost of the trip for these students.
Thank you so much for supporting the Lassiter High School Marching Band!
- Choose any date(s) on the calendar (the 1st is $1, the 20th is $20)
- Pay via the PayPal link. If you could also pay the convenience fee that would be helpful and place a note in the memo line indicating it's for Disney. https://paypal.me/lbbaorg?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
- Post a comment to let us know which dates you are taking!
3. What happens next:
People choose which date they would like to donate. Example- Grandma chooses November 30th and uses the PayPal link provided to pay $30. People are free to pick more than one day. Grandma can pick Nov. 1st and Nov. 30th if she wants! As people choose dates, you can post and let others know what is taken and what is still available until you fill all of the dates. If your calendar fills up fast, feel free to post a new one!
4. Any questions?
Please contact Lisa and Kristin at email@example.com.
Pretty simple, right? You can start posting this weekend and continue throughout the month of November. All money collected will be sent to Super Holiday (just like the car wash) and the final payment will be adjusted.
How to Record Student Service Hours
Students need to record their own service hours on the Naviance website. This is not done by the LBBA. Below is a link to the instructions. Any questions regarding the Naviance tool should be directed to your student's guidance counselor. An email is required for verification of those hours - for band related service, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eyes With Pride,
Kristin Hawkins & Lisa Kubes
Parent Remind Texts
Text the appropriate code to 81010
This email Blast:
|| Remind Code
Sign up using this form:
Band Directors: Directors@lbba.org
Oct 28, Trunk or Treat
Oct 29 & 30, Craft Fair
Nov 6, Recycle Day
Dec 2, Winter Concert
Synchronizing the Band Calendar:
Google Calendar Sync and Android Phones
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. (Calendar.Google.com)
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add From URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided:
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It may take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch "Accounts & Passwords"
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch "Add Account"
- On the Add Account screen, touch "Other"
- Under Calendars, touch "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- For the Server value, enter the URL for the teacher calendar:
- Touch "Next" in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch "Save" to save the subscription.