In This Issue...Important Disney/LGPE Info!
- Disney Itinerary, Forms, Breakfast, Uniforms, Pick Up
- LGPE Sign Up - Students/Adults - NEED HELP!
- LBBA Exec Board Nominees
Disney Itinerary, Forms, Breakfast, Uniforms, Pick Up
Thank you for attending the Disney meeting. There was excitement in the air and we can't wait to see the band march down Main Street, U.S.A.!
Disney - Form for Prescription Meds/Turn In:
If your students takes prescription meds, the form below needs to be filled out and turned in along with the prescription meds at one of the Disney parade rehearsals - 4pm - 6pm on March 23rd, 30th or 31st. Chaperones will be collecting the forms and meds. Meds will NOT be accepted the morning of departure for Disney.
Disney - Complete Breakfast Order/Sign Agreement
Please go to the Super Holiday website today, go to the Dashboard and click on the Questionnaire link or look for the Big Blue Button that says ”Add Missing Info” to make your student's breakfast selections (you can pick two items) and sign the agreement.
Disney - Uniform Collection - IMPORTANT
Please return HEMMED Bibbers and ALL Marching SHOES and BLACK SOCKS to the bandroom by March 16th! Bag checks will occur on March 16th. Racks of garment bags will be in the band room and arranged roughly in alphabetical order. Goal is to have all garment bags ready to go for Disney so no one is scrambling at 3:30am the day we leave!
Bibber hemming guideline:
If you don't have a preferred Alterations person, Regal Cleaners just past Dunkin Donuts on Sandy Plains will alter bibbers for $10. Phone number is 77-578-7722.
There is a also a place behind Brusters on Trickum - she also knows how to hem (and not cut) bibbers.
LGPE Sign Up - Students/Adults - NEED HELP!
LGPE will be held at Lassiter March 17th-19th. We do not have enough student and parent volunteers. Pope is helping, but we need more Lassiter volunteers! Short shifts, listen to great bands, and it's a way to support not only our students, but neighboring band programs. We are fortunate to have a beautiful concert hall on our campus, but with that comes the responsibility of hosting LGPE. PLEASE HELP!
A brief description is listed for each role. We especially need help during the school day on Thursday and Friday since we won't have student help. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Please share the link with your student!
LBBA Exec Board Nominees
The 2022-2023 Exec Board Nominees are:
Nominations will be taken from the floor at the April general membership meeting, but names must be submitted in advance for approval by the Band Directors and the nominee(s).
- VP - Victoria Wilson
- Secretary - Betsy Homer
- Treasurers - Jamie Crowley and Frank O'Connell (two positions will be elected)
Eyes With Pride,
Kristin Hawkins & Lisa Kubes
Parent Remind Texts
Text the appropriate code to 81010
This email Blast:
|| Remind Code
Sign up using this form:
Band Directors: Directors@lbba.org
Mar 17-19 LGPE
Mar 23, 30, 31 Disney Parade Reh
Apr 1-5 Disney Trip
Apr 12-14 Spring Fling Pt 1
Apr 19-21 Spring Fling Pt 2
Synchronizing the Band Calendar:
Google Calendar Sync and Android Phones
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. (Calendar.Google.com)
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add From URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided:
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It may take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch "Accounts & Passwords"
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch "Add Account"
- On the Add Account screen, touch "Other"
- Under Calendars, touch "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- For the Server value, enter the URL for the teacher calendar:
- Touch "Next" in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch "Save" to save the subscription.