In This Issue...
- 2nd Semester Band Calendar - IMPORTANT
- Marching/Concert Uniforms - Please Read!
- MANDATORY Parent Disney Meeting Thurs, Nov. 11th @ 7:30pm
- Concert Accessory Orders Due TODAY
- Concert Fees Due December 1st - Payment Link Below
- Please post the Disney Calendar! Approaching $1000!
- Winterguard Auditions This Week - All are Welcome!
- How to Record Student Service Hours
As marching season comes to a close, we would like to say THANK YOU to ALL the volunteers who helped this season - photography, Roadies, chaperones, hospitality, the list goes on. We could not have done it without each and every one of you!
The last two weekends were busy with lots of fundraising! THANK YOU to our Craft Fair Chairperson, Blair Leone, and her team Heather Babish (concessions) and Heather Dahlby (bake sale). You ladies are AMAZING! Recycle Day went very smoothly and we had amazing parent and student volunteers. THANK YOU Michelle Whitesel for helping us organize this event! Parent volunteers - Brent Snyder, Troy Kubes, Michelle Merkel, Betsy Homer, Reese Craig, Julia Presuel, Emilie Barry, Tina Pfeiffer, Kerri Irwin, Ed Howard, Sandy Pittman and alumni parent Rebecca Campbell. If we forgot someone, please let us know! We could not have done it without each of you!
The Tree Lot is coming! This is the BIGGEST fundraiser of the year for the band. We need LOTS of student and parent volunteers - the sign up will be coming out soon. If we don't have enough volunteers for any given day, the lot will be closed for that day. Make it a family event and sign up with your student! We promise it will be fun!
Eyes With Pride,
Kristin Hawkins & Lisa Kubes
2nd Semester Band Calendar - IMPORTANT
Please print the calendar for 2nd semester and post at home! Calendar includes Disney Parade Rehearsals as well as dates for July Band Camp (more details to follow). The Google Calendar will be updated soon. https://lassiterbands.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Jan-thru-July-Calendar-2022.pdf
Marching/Concert Uniforms - Please Read!
Concert Uniforms - Students will be fitted Thursday Nov. 11th while they are at school for auditions. Parent Help Needed - https://signup.com/go/weTHcYN
Marching Uniforms - ALL marching uniform pieces should be returned to school THIS WEEK. This includes anyone NOT participating in the Disney parade and/or not returning next year.
Parent Help Needed for Washing - https://signup.com/go/weTHcYN
MANDATORY Parent Disney Meeting Thursday, Nov. 11th @ 7:30pm
Due to a Simpson Band Concert on Tuesday, we've had to move the Disney meeting. We have some critical information that we need to share so please plan on attending. It will be a quick meeting (30 min) and we will do it via Microsoft Teams. Link will be sent out on Thursday.
Concert Accessory Orders Due TODAY
- Order Form: https://lassiterbands.org/product-category/concert-attire/
- Click on each Accessory needed and Add to Cart
- Tux Shirt $18 (students were fitted if a shirt was needed)
- Cummerbund $7
- Bow Tie $3
- Pearl Necklace $9.75
- Earrings - any stud earrings may be used. If you previously ordered earrings, we do have some for you. This item has been removed from the online order form.
- Access your cart and pay
- Cart icon can be found in the upper right hand corner if you are on a laptop or at the bottom of the menu when you click on the menu drop down.
Concert Fees Due December 1st - Payment Link Below
Reminder - if your student is enrolled in a band class during the school day, he/she is in concert band. This applies to all marching students. Required concert fees of $150 are used for Symphonic Camp, to bring in guest clinicians and instructors for each instrument, guest clinicians, purchase music, etc. Please make sure these fees are paid on time: https://lassiterbands.org/shop/fees/concert-season-fees/
Please post the Disney Calendar! Approaching $1000!
If every family participates in this fundraiser, we are going to have great results! It takes LESS than 5 minutes to setup and you don't have to do anything else!!! If you've already posted, THANK YOU! and be sure to regularly comment so the post keeps showing up on people's social media feeds.
1. Post the “Mickey” calendar image
2. Add the following text and link:
In April 2022, my son/daughter is traveling to Walt Disney World to march down Main Street for the 50th Anniversary parade! After a year of such hard times and limited travel, we’d be so grateful if you could help contribute to offset the cost of the trip for these students.
Thank you so much for supporting the Lassiter High School Marching Band!
- Choose any date(s) on the calendar (the 1st is $1, the 20th is $20)
- Pay via the PayPal link. If you could also pay the convenience fee that would be helpful and place a note in the memo line indicating it's for Disney. https://paypal.me/lbbaorg?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
- Post a comment to let us know which dates you are taking!
3. What happens next:
People choose which date they would like to donate. Example- Grandma chooses November 30th and uses the PayPal link provided to pay $30. People are free to pick more than one day. Grandma can pick Nov. 1st and Nov. 30th if she wants! As people choose dates, you can post and let others know what is taken and what is still available until you fill all of the dates. If your calendar fills up fast, feel free to post a new one!
4. Any questions?
Please contact Lisa and Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pretty simple, right? You can start posting this weekend and continue throughout the month of November. All money collected will be sent to Super Holiday (just like the car wash) and the final payment will be adjusted.
Thank you in advance for taking part and helping the band get to Disney!
Winterguard Auditions This Week - All are Welcome!
Please spread the word!
Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdKTMuZXNVJmX3Xz56lR56FdToeQWwQRwas0LMmcXZO1rS29Q/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1MKSzSPz0qvatifR5Q5J_10b5RMqpnbNjbPwh4Edyp6KnlwVPlrj-SwoE
How to Record Student Service Hours
Students need to record their own service hours on the Naviance website. This is not done by the LBBA. Below is a link to the instructions. Any questions regarding the Naviance tool should be directed to your student's guidance counselor. An email is required for verification of those hours - for band related service, please use email@example.com.
Eyes With Pride,
Kristin Hawkins & Lisa Kubes
Parent Remind Texts
Text the appropriate code to 81010
This email Blast:
|| Remind Code
Sign up using this form:
Band Directors: Directors@lbba.org
Oct 28, Trunk or Treat
Oct 29 & 30, Craft Fair
Nov 6, Recycle Day
Dec 2, Winter Concert
Synchronizing the Band Calendar:
Google Calendar Sync and Android Phones
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. (Calendar.Google.com)
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add From URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided:
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It may take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch "Accounts & Passwords"
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch "Add Account"
- On the Add Account screen, touch "Other"
- Under Calendars, touch "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- For the Server value, enter the URL for the teacher calendar:
- Touch "Next" in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch "Save" to save the subscription.