Apple Cranberry Bread
Bread & Muffins
Prep 15 mins ∙ Cook 1 hrs ∙ Makes 1 ∙ Source Food.com
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled tart apples (chopped) -- Rim's Edge Recommendation: Cortland, Royal Cortland or grab a Baker's Mix
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen, coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add flour to the egg mixture just until combined (batter will be very thick).
4. Stir in apples, cranberries and walnuts (pecans)
5. Pour into an 8x4x2" loaf pan coated with non-stick spray.
6. Bake at 350 dgrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.