|International Career Development Conference
Michigan had one of largest and best showings in Anaheim at the International Conference. The winner’s list has been posted to the website here: http://mideca.org/conferences/international-career-development-conference/
Call for self-nominations!
We are looking for individuals to serve on Michigan DECA’s Advisor Council and Planning and Budget Committees. Each District has two classroom teachers on the Advisors’ council and we are looking for two new members for the Planning and Budget Committee. Please email me if you are interested in having your name added to either list. If there are more than two submitted for each position, then we will have an election.
- The Advisors’ Council can be thought of as the Management Team for Michigan DECA. The Council reviews policy and makes decisions ranging from Membership and Conference Management to Competitive Events and State Officers. To be eligible, an individual must be a chapter advisor, attended the last two state conferences as a chapter advisor, and each school district is limited to one person. Members meet three times year and help by coordinating an event at the state conference. Our summer meeting will be in Lansing on July 26. Additional meetings will be held in October and March.
- The Budget and Planning Committee reviews our financial operation and sets the budget for the year. The committee meets in August and February. To be eligible, a current advisor must have served on either the Advisors’ Council or the MME Board of Directors for at least two years.
Please email me by June 15, 2017 to let me know if you are interested in having your name placed on the ballot for your district. We will have an election for any district that has three or more people interesting in serving on the council.
2017-2018 Tentative Calendar
A calendar of known dates for next year has been posted to our website. It will be updated as dates are confirmed over the summer. http://mideca.org/members/calendar-list-view/
Marketing Education Recognition Awards
The Michigan Marketing Educators invites you to recognize a colleague for one of our service awards. The Michigan Marketing Educators Awards program is a way to recognize deserving teachers for their contributions to their school and to the profession. Any MME member can nominate individuals for the awards listed below. The deadline for the Nomination Form is July 15, 2017
, and can be found at: http://mideca.org/wp-content/uploads/mme_nominationform.pdf
- The Dr. Louis R. Graziano Educator of the Year Award is for teachers have taught more than five years.
- The Dr. Jack T. Humbert Outstanding New Marketing Educator award is for individuals that have taught marketing education for three to five years.
- The Michigan Marketing Education Award of Merit is for business persons or firms who have contributed to the advancement of Marketing Education and/or DECA.