As Salaam -o- Alaykum brothers and sisters;
On December 21st 2020, the Ontario government announced (Office of Premier News Release dated December 21st 2020) a province wide shutdown that will take effect from December 26th 12:01 a.m. until January 23rd 2021.
Places of worship are permitted to remain open with physical distancing in place and attendance limited strictly to 10 persons per service. The SMA in consultation with community members have decided to keep the Mosque open for congregational prayers in full observance of the government safety protocols.
Beginning at Fajr on December 26th the SMA is implementing the following new safety measures beyond the current existing measures:
· To accommodate 10 people at a time (congregants and Imam included), we will have separate time slots for prayers that at widely attended. These are Fajr, Isha and Jumuah;
· Congregants will be required to pre-register for these time slots, which will remain in effect for the duration of the lockdown;
· Each time slot will have an allocated area in the parking lot. If you arrive early, please remain in your cars until your designated time;
· Please do not enter the Mosque if the maximum capacity sign is posted on the front door.
These following existing protocols will remain in place:
· Answer the Province of Ontario Covid19 pre-screening questionnaire;
· Those who are sick or medically vulnerable are requested not attend;
· Please wear face masks and use the hand sanitizers at the Mosque entrance;
· Please perform your Wudu at home to avoid congestion in the washrooms;
· Please stand on the taped area on the carpet to maintain spacing of two metres between people;
· Please bring your own prayer mats for use on the pre marked areas;
· Pleases pray Fard salah only at the Mosque. We ask that all Sunnah, Nafl and other optional prayers or Zikr be performed at home;
· Please follow the instructions of the volunteers for parking control and for the orderly entrance and exit of the Mosque and
· Please avoid physical contact with other attendees inside the Mosque, the parking lot and those waiting to attend later prayers.
The measures implemented are to limit physical contact since the spread of Covid19 within the confined space of the Mosque is still a high probability. We are all responsible to do our part so your support and cooperation is very much appreciated.
Sarnia Muslim Association
Dec 24, 2020