Evolution Pilates “soft re-opening"
post 2021 COVID-19 Lockdown!
We have had the go ahead from NSW government to re open the Pilates studio spaces. I have decided on a conservative graded 're opening' from Monday 18th October 2021.
We are looking forward to welcoming many of you back!
There will have to be some 're shuffling' of the regular pre lockdown diary, during this transition time back to full operations.
Some clients may chose to remain on ' zoom' online sessions at this stage, and there have been some changes to Instructor availability. Apologies in advance if your regular session is not quite available yet. Lee and Fiona are working hard to organise the diary ..again!
Please make sure you check with admin before returning to your regular session.
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 95185009.
VACCINATION STATUS: The latest NSW government requirements state that only vaccinated clients are allowed to return to 'indoor recreation facilities' at this stage of re opening. This is completely in line with wishes of the overwhelming majority of clients who completed our recent survey about returning to the studio at this stage.
Therefore we will be asking for confirmation of your vaccination prior to or at the time of visiting the premises for Pilates exercise.
A record of your vaccination status will be made once you send (or show our admin) a copy of your vaccination certificate, then you will only have to do this once for this round of vaccinations.
This is not currently a mandated requirement of physiotherapy clients or registered health professionals (!). However clients indicated that they are happy to share their vaccination status, and will only attend a premises where this is mandated. This will be our policy for the next 6 weeks at least, until NSW govt requirements are updated or changed for gyms and indoor recreation facilities.
The private health information about any medical condition and vaccination status will continue to be held confidential as always.
ROOMS: We will be offering Pilates and physio supervised exercise rehab in two different spaces as we did last year. This to provide adequate social distancing. One group will be in the main studio and the other group will be in the glass room out the back. Sessions run without Physio supervision are not eligible for private health fund rebates.
What to expect when you are doing
face to face (f2f) Pilates:
**PLEASE READ CAREFULLY**
- Please arrive on time. Unfortunately, we do not have space during crossover to maintain sufficient social distancing if you arrive to the studio early
- You will be required to log in with your QR code, and present your vaccination certificate, if you have not already provided us with this.
- You may be asked screening questions and have your temperature taken prior to exercising
- On arrival, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Please expect admin and your instructor to manage your movements around the studio while you are in your session i.e.: please wait patiently to be directed
- Please make an effort to maintain 1.5 metre distance between everyone indoors, and refrain from close contact, unless required for safety or as past of required exercise with an instructor assistance
- Depending on the number of face to face clients, we may have online zoom client also attending the session
- If you cough or sneeze, we will ask you to wash your hands again before touching another surface for hygiene sake
- Due to the need to thoroughly clean equipment, sessions will finish 5 minutes earlier to allow staff sufficient time to execute this process
Please bring the following items in your PILATES pack:
- a large clean towel to place over equipment whilst you exercise
- your own theraband and any other props e.g. massage balls (if you have them)
- clean, sticky socks
- clean gloves (optional) (discount stores sell cotton gloves)
- Mask wearing indoors will still be mandatory until further notice
- If you forget your towel, we will have some for a $5 rent fee to cover laundry costs.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE YOUR OWN TOWELS AND EQUIPMENT HOME WITH YOU!!!!
Susie can assist you with purchasing a studio Pilates pack, with calico bag, towel and props, if you prefer. Please let us know so we can arrange this for you.
Sammy, Susie's 5 month old miniature Schnauzer has been attending the studio, and has been enjoying meeting people coming in for their physiotherapy appointments!
She is going well with her obedience instructions , however she still gets very excited when people arrive, and can tend to jump and perhaps take off with a shoe, if it is left unattended! Please watch your skin is safe from her if she jumps up and 'mouths'. She is not biting but her little puppy teeth can get in the way.
Please keep calm when greeting her and get her to sit, so she learns to be well mannered! Please keep your belongings up a bit higher, and do not leave shoes on the ground!
She will not be allowed to roam the studio while sessions, especially mat work, is occurring.
Her fur is meant to be non allergenic, and she does not shed. If you are not comfortable with a dog being around, please make sure you let us know, as we will make sure she is out of the way during your visit to Evolution Pilates.
Otherwise we are excited to be able to introduce her to you!