Fridge & Freezer Fund Phase 3 DEADLINE Sunday 28th February @ 8pm
Lambeth Council recognise the vital role of our local and diverse Food VCS during the coronavirus pandemic. Through our partnership with the sector, more than 20,000 food packages have been delivered to Lambeth residents experiencing food poverty. Food poverty will still, sadly, be a significant challenge for many of our residents even after the pandemic has ended due to the impact on the economy.
The Council is committed to strengthening our partnership with the sector to ensure that no resident who is struggling to feed themselves or their families is unsupported. The sector has told us that they need help to purchase fridges / freezers so that they can receive a bigger range of food to provide nutritionally balanced food parcels to residents in need.
A fund of £50,000 is being made available to local Food VCS organisation to purchase fridge(s) and freezer(s).
Fund Eligibility Criteria:
Be based in Lambeth*
- (*applications will be considered from non-Lambeth based organisations that provide food to residents in a neighbouring borough as long as the majority of service users are based in Lambeth)
- Already involved in providing food to Lambeth residents or are in the process of setting up
- Registered as a food operator with the Council’s Food Safety Team or registered as a food operator with their local Council Food Safety Team
- Staff are trained in food hygiene commensurate to food tasks involved or timescale for staff to be trained (if a new organisation)
- Commitment to providing a healthy and nutritionally balanced food offer
- Commitment to deliver the service in a non-stigmatising manner
- Ensuring equity of access
- Have a written constitution*
- Have a bank account with at least two signatories*
- (*We appreciate that some small organisations do not have these available, and encourage all organisations to apply)
- Anyone making an application must be at least 18 years old
- Phase One successful applications are not eligible to reapply
Priority Will Be Given To:
- Organisations that are serving / planning to serve parts of the borough that have gaps in provision
- Organisations supporting certain sections of the population who are significantly more at risk of food insecurity than others such as: Low-income households; Black and minority ethnic groups; Men living alone; People suffering from mental health issues; Frail and poor older people; People with disabilities
- Organisations that currently have no fridge(s) or freezer(s)
DEADLINE Sunday 28th February @ 8pm