Walcot Foundation Grant Round opens today
4. To address student (re-)engagement with school, particularly in transition years and for students at risk of exclusion.
Walcot are now taking verbal expressions of interest until 5pm on the 22nd January, with decisions on grants made by 25th May 2021. They offer revenue grants up to £25,000 per year for a maximum of 3 years.
For all school-based projects wishing to access funding for the academic year 2021/22, applications must be submitted in this round to be eligible.
There have also been some additional changes to the way projects taking place in schools will be funded. All schools/community organisations working in schools can now apply for grants up to £25,000 per year, only 1 project per school will be funded and partnership applications between schools and community organisations are encouraged.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the Foundation's Governors have made the decision that the following priorities will apply for organisation/school grants in 2021/22:
1. Support for the academic achievement of pupils, particularly projects that will help close the attainment gap between pupil premium pupils and their peers.
2. Support young people (under 30) into employment – priority will go to projects that are able to offer routes into secure employment at London Living Wage level and/or working with young people who are furthest from the labour market.
3. Maximising access to free, independent advice from accredited sources, particularly in the fields of debt, housing and employment.
5. Early intervention projects that address the mental health needs of our target pupil groups where it is clear they cannot be funded by school or state.