Battery Park City
Wednesday, August 10
6 River Terrace
(Between North End Ave. & River Terrace)
Noon - 6PM
There has been a drop in blood donations since the start of the pandemic. At the same time, the need for blood for patients in our local hospitals has increased by 10-15% from pre-pandemic levels, from pent-up demand for treatment and surgeries postponed during the pandemic. Please consider donating blood to help other New Yorkers.
PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT: Click here to schedule an appointment
NYBC Special Donor Services Eligibility Line
– Eligibility and pre- or post-donation questions: (800) 688-0900 or visit www.nybc.org
Due to the current public health crisis, donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (walk-ins only if room capacity and appointment scheduling permits). If there is no open appointment, the donor will be referred to schedule an appointment to donate blood at an NYBC Donor Center
To learn more about the importance of donating during this time and to answer your questions regarding COVID-19, please visit www.nybc.org/coronavirus
At the Blood Drive:
Do not donate if you have:
- Bring a Photo ID, your donor ID card, or know your donor ID number.
- Eat well and drink plenty of fluids before donating, regardless of the time of your appointment.
- Masks are encouraged, not required. Upon donor request, NYBC will accommodate masked donors that wish to be served by a masked phlebotomist.
- a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing).
- had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 until 14 days after your illness has resolved.
We do not test for COVID-19. Please contact your health care provider for testing.