Lake Worth Beach, Fl - The City Tree Board is pleased to announce the 2019 City Tree Talk panel discussion. This year’s talk will include five certified arborists who will discuss the importance of proper tree care and maintenance. Admission is free and everyone is welcome.
The panelists include: Jason Ebersold, David McGrew, Andy Tellier, Mark Torok, and Mike Zimmerman. All panelists are International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborists.
The International Society of Arboriculture is a 501c (5) nonprofit organization that grew out of a conference held 95 years ago in 1924 in Stamford, Connecticut. The conference organized by the Connecticut Tree Protective Association drew 33 people. The 2001 ISA annual conference in Milwaukee, WI drew 2605 attendees. ISA’s mission statement is: “Through research, technology, and education, the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) promotes the professional practice of arboriculture and fosters a greater worldwide awareness of the benefits of trees.”
Meet the Panalists!
- Jason Ebersold is the President of Jason’s Arborcare Services, Inc. Mr. Ebersold founded Jason’s in 1991. Jason’s Arborcare is a member of the Tree Care Industry Association.
- David McGrew is the City Horticulturist for the City of Lake Worth. Before joining the City, Dave worked in lawn maintenance before founding a landscape installation and maintenance company. In 2001 Mr. McGrew was hired by the City of Lake Worth as a groundskeeper. In 2011 he was credentialed as a Certified Landscape Inspector by the Landscape Inspector Association of Florida (LIAF) and became the City Horticulturist. David has extensive knowledge of the City’s Landscape code and is available to meet residents to discuss their landscapes.
- Andy Tellier is the owner of Arbor Experts, Inc. Mr. Tellier founded Arbor Experts in 2003. He was credentialed by ISA in 2014 as Tree Risk Appraisal Qualified (TRAQ.) Mr. Tellier is a member of the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA) and serves as the consulting arborist for the Norton Museum of Art, the Town of Sewall’s Point (east of Stuart, FL) and the City of West Palm Beach. Mr. Tellier also served as a consultant to the City of Lake Worth for the Ficus altissima preservation project in what is now Banyan Court. Andy earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Horticulture at Western Kentucky University in 1997.
- Mark Torok is a Senior Forester at the Florida Forest Service and has worked at Cooperative Forestry Assistance Program since 2006. Mr. Torok covers Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe and Counties. From 1998 to 2001, Mr. Torok was an OPS forestry technician who assisted Dr. Donald Rockwood at the University of Florida in Gainesville in his forest biomass and phytoremediation research. Industry Association and earned a B.S. in Agriculture from Kansas State University in 1973. From 2001 to 2006, as a Florida Forest Service forester, he collected forestry data the Service’s Forest Inventory & Analysis Program in Florida’s 24 most southern counties. Mark earned bachelor’s degree in Forest Management at University of Florida School of Forest Resources & Conservation in 1997.
- Mike Zimmerman is the President of M.S.Z., Inc., dba Zimmerman Tree Service. Founded in 1973, Zimmerman Tree Service employs 40 people and serves more than 2,400 accounts annually. Mr. Zimmerman served as president of the Mounts Botanical Garden from 2006 to 2011 and continues to serve on the Mounts board as an at-large member. Mike is also a member of the Tree Care Industry Association and earned a B.S. in Agriculture from Kansas State University in 1973.
The City Tree Board is one of a number of volunteer boards that advise the City Commission. The City Tree Board meets at 5:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month. All members are selected by City Commissioners and the Mayor. Meetings are open to the public.