Here are a few tricks to help you tackle those goals before this month is out.
1. Make ‘em specific. Make your goal specific and tangible. Think “10 push-ups” instead of “getting in shape.” Apply the “SMART" system: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timed.
2. Make ‘em measurable. It’s challenging to see change if you don’t know where it starts and how to see progress. “If you can measure it, you can change it.” Whether it’s time, pounds or purging quantities of things, giving yourself something to measure allows you to track your progress and make adjustments in your efforts as need.
3. Be patient. Whether you start off fast or slow, lasting changes take time. Take a deep breath and keep going!
4. Share ‘em. Although the drive for true change comes from within, share your goal with an appropriate support system. Think work-out buddy or a friend to come over and help you get rid of old things. Even saying it out loud can make it more real, but sharing it with others aid in accountability.
5. Ask for help. Don’t hold yourself back from achieving your goal(s) because you didn’t ask for help. Support is key and the right assistance can only aid you in the long run.
6. Stay positive and celebrate. Yes, this is cliché, but it’s also true. Staying positive gives yourself personal empowerment. Negativity is sabotaging. Celebrate you accomplishment along every step of the way. This will help you build confidence and strengthen your commitment to your goal.
Read the full blog here.