Hi Folks– News at Last ….!!!
On the 10th October Woking Council finally announced proposals for development sites they require up until 2027; also proposals to safeguard development land for the period 2027-2040. However ammendments have to be agreed
at a Council meeting on 18 October before our fields are saved
Council officers have withdrawn the field behind Aviary Road from the original proposals but propose to take Randall’s field, on the right of Upshot Lane, for 223 new houses. The rest of their proposals which we objected to in 2015 remain pretty much unchanged.
Our Cllr Ashley Bowes, the portfolio holder for Planning, rejected those proposals and has proposed, with Cllr Bittleston, an amendment that removes both our fields from their proposals for development in the period 2017-2040, amongst other things.
This amendment has to be approved by the council meeting at 7pm on 18 October in the Civic Offices, Gloucester Square. If the amendment is approved our fields will be saved
but it’s important that we attend in numbers to demonstrate local backing for Ashley Bowes and Graham Chrystie who will be speaking for the amendment.
The bottom line is that, if the amendment is passed, the consultation that follows, will exclude our fields and feature:
PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING ON 18 OCTOBER IF YOU POSSSIBLY CAN.
- Development site proposals for use up until 2027 remain unchanged.
- Safeguarded sites for withdrawal from Green Belt reduced from the original 6 sites to 2:
- Land to the south of Parvis Road, Byfleet;
- Land to the south of Rectory Lane, Byfleet.
- Revised proposals for Traveller accommodation::
- The 10 Acre Farm site is withdrawn.
- The Hatchingtan and Five Acres sites remain.
- Temporary planning permission at Murrays Lane to be made permanent.
- 15 pitches set aside at West Hall, W Byfleet.
- The Martyrs Lane site is excluded from all development proposals.
- The final Regulation 19 Consultation is the next step and is planned over 6 weeks from early November.
It will be important to show solidarity with Ashley and Graham as they defend our village from development. Full details are available at https://moderngov.woking.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=135&MId=245
PNF AGM etc
The Forum AGM will be held on 7th December this year and we need someone to audit our very simple annual accounts. In addition, we need someone, probably from our younger members, to help us manage and make better use of our Facebook account . So if you can help, or you know someone who can, please get back to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
particularly as our Email is now working properly! We'll be very grateful.
Finally, we’d like to take this opportunity to unveil the second of our Pyrford Portraits. This time featuring Cliff Bolton – Old Pyrfordian man and boy.
Visit our website homepage at http://www.pyrfordforum.org
and send us your comments on email@example.com