Spring Service Ideas
1. Plant a Garden - Add a splash of color to the school grounds, or ask a local gardening group whether they know of other areas that could use the help.
2. Community Trails Clean Up - Reach out to town or city officials about which local trails could use some attention, and ask friends to come prepared to do some weeding, raking, and trash pickup.
3. Playground Housekeeping - See whether your school playground could use a spruce-up (painting, cleaning, planting, etc.). If not, ask the local parks department whether it needs volunteers for parks projects.
4. Summer Clothing Drive - Work with a local organization to donate warmer weather clothes to those in need. We are unable to accept clothing at this time, but we suggest our partner Friendship House Clothing Bank. Click the button below for more details.
5. Yard Cleanup for Neighbors - Pitch in to do tasks for neighbors who can’t do them themselves, like folks who are ill, elderly, or busy with work or childcare.
6. Read to Others - With the beautiful weather, more and more people will be spending their time outdoors enjoying the sunshine. Use this as an opportunity to plan or do an impromptu outdoor reading session for children, friends, family, or random samaritans in the community.