Reminders from your coaches!
- Try to get to class early, at least 10 or 15 minutes! You’ll get more out of each class if you’re able to foam roll and/or lightly stretch tight or sore muscles. Save heavy stretching for after class, but try to do it while your muscles are still warm.
- Protein and water! Protein is most effective in the hour or so after a WOD, since the metabolic increase caused by the activity will distribute nutrients throughout the body more quickly, allowing repair to begin more quickly.
- Eat before class, but not right before! Food is fuel, and is essential to power your body through the demanding workouts you’ll encounter here. Most people do well with eating about an hour and a half before class.
- Please use the WODify system! Reserve your spot for a class. There are a lot of good reasons to – you and the coaches will be able to track your workouts and see your progress over time. It will also allow coaches to help you on movements you may find particularly challenging, and it allows you to ‘like’ and comment on your classmates lifts and times, so you can say nice things to each other.
- Ask your coaches! If you have questions, ask them! You never know what cue might help a difficult movement ‘click’ for you.
Keep on WODing,
Adam & Shimi