Are you looking for a different kind of walk? Now is the perfect time to look for colorful insects. Join walk volunteer Cliff Hence’s butterfly walks this summer! Not only are butterflies beautiful, but they are also important pollinators. Cliff is widely known as a “butterfly whisperer” who can spot and identify even the tiniest of these delicate insects. In addition to his walks, Cliff will lead a butterfly survey at the Refuge on July 17. More on that next month! Also this summer, Lynn Roman and Dale Blair will lead a birds and dragonflies walk in July, and Edie Parnum will be leading a birds and butterflies walk in August.
- Saturday July 2, 9 AM - Cliff Hence; Meet at the Rt. 420 parking lot
- Sunday July 17, 9 AM - Butterfly Count with Cliff Hence
- Sunday July 31, 1 PM – Birds and dragonflies with Lynn Roman and Dale Blair
- Sunday August 7, 8 AM - Birds and Butterflies with Edie Parnum
- Sunday August 14, 9 AM - Cliff Hence