What an incredible meeting we had last week! A big thank you to our generous host, St. John River District Hospital. See some photos from the meeting here!
The meeting covered:
- Updates to the MIBFN projects including workplace, 310 Connect, WIC Statewide Initiative and Breastfeed: Anytime, Anywhere
- Overview of our partner, Coffective
- Presentation from State Breastfeeding Coordinator Marji Cyrul, MPH, RD, CLS
- Presenting our host, St. John River District Hospital, with a GOLD Michigan Breastfeeding-friendly Workplace Award
- An introduction to the newly formed St. Clair County Breastfeeding Coalition
- And an interactive afternoon using our new advocacy tools to help get the network involved in group impact advocacy efforts.
Connecting in person is a great way to see the network in action and it was great to see the room filled with Breastfeeding supporters. Our strength is in our ability to work together as a network, so thank you to everyone who came and participated in our meeting. Remember, We Work Better When We Work Together. Check out the "TAKE ACTION" links below to see some of the items we talked about and help us create a stronger, more supported network!
If you couldn't make it to the meeting, don't worry. We'll be having another one in June of 2017.
Thank you again for being such dedicated breastfeeding advocates.
Jane Whitacre, Executive Director
The Michigan Breastfeeding Network
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Want to help The Michigan Breastfeeding Network grow ? Click on one of the buttons below to discover ways YOU can help make the network stronger!