- Water, 5 cups
- Cinnamon Stick, 2
- Ginger, peeled + sliced, One 2-inch piece
- Turmeric, peeled + sliced, One 2-inch piece
- Black Peppercorns, 5 each
- Honey, 2 Tbsp, optional/adjustable
(1) Pour the water into a large pot. Add the cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and black peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and either let steep or let simmer for about 30 minutes (depending on how strong you want the tea to be).
Peeling the ginger and turmeric with the edge of a spoon (rather than a vegetable peeler) will both be easier and less wasteful. It is recommended to also wear gloves while working with turmeric, as it will stain things easily.
Ground turmeric can also be used if fresh is unavailable: use 1 Tbsp of ground turmeric for this recipe.
Make a big batch of tea and either drink the leftovers chilled, or reheat at your convenience! The tea will last about a week in the fridge if cooled properly.