The training of approximately 2 000 modules a year in South Africa is made possible by more than 100 volunteer church facilitators. They form the heart of the multiplication model we follow. Some sources indicate that there are more than 160,000 church leaders without training in the country.
Pray with us that we will be able to reach those leaders who are most in need of training.
A trained pastor from Trompsburg (a small rural town in the Free State) started training local leaders to minister in many local churches. These leaders now serve in the small rural churches and they will continue long after the pastor has retired. Here are some testimonies from these leaders:
- A new world opened for me.
- It is the first time I understand the Bible.
- I had the opportunity to preach for the first time … the feedback from the congregation was encouraging.
- People still talk about my sermon from 2 weeks ago, even people from other denominations.
- I am now always ready to preach or bring a message.
This need for training is found in many of South Africa’s rural areas. Churches are in decline and members suffer because of a growing lack of leadership. Veritas College SA makes a big difference in helping to address this critical need.