Lake Superior Elementary PTO
September 2015 Newsletter
We hope everyone is settling into the school routine and enjoying the transition into fall. The Lake Superior Elementary PTO (LSE-PTO) is looking forward to another great year of fun activities for the students and families of Lake Superior Elementary! As you can see below, we have a few fun events planned to get us started with the school year.
One of our goals this year to see our base of parent volunteers expand so that we can do even more as the school year progresses. Since we can only do as many events as we have enough people to chip in and help, the more parents we can get involved the better!
In the past, we have held LSE-PTO meetings monthly after school. We recognize that it is difficult for many parents to attend evening meetings with all of your busy schedules. What we are trying this year is a little different approach, to try and streamline communications among parents that want to help with PTO without having the burden of extra meetings to attend. Here are a few changes we are working on:
We hope that by working to improve PTO's communications with electronic means this will allow parents more opportunities to engage and communicate when it is most convenient and works in your schedule.
- We now have a dedicated email address for LSE-PTO where you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime if you have questions or ideas, or if you want to let us know something you want to help with.
- We will be sending out a monthly newsletter with reminders, event announcements, and call outs for volunteers for specific events. This will be sent electronically to those that sign up to receive it. Click here to ensure it comes to your email inbox. We will also send a paper version home in the school folders. We are excited about having an electronic version, as we think for many parents it will be useful and serve as an extra reminder.
- For those of you that are willing to be placed on our "volunteer list", you will receive direct emails or phone calls from one of the PTO Officers or other lead volunteers to help coordinate needs and logistics for events, depending on what you want to help with (as needed- we will not bombard you!)
- We will work to give updates more regularly with our LSE-PTO Facebook page to remind families of upcoming events and where we need help. Have you "Liked" us yet? If not, click here.
- We will also work to keep the PTO webpage more up to date on the Ashland School District website.
Of course, we are open to feedback and additional ideas to how we can improve the workings of the LSE-PTO as the school year continues on.
We hope to see you at the Ice Cream Social on September 22! It will be a pleasure to see returning families and greet new families to our school.
Thank you! We look forward to another great year!
The LSE-PTO Officers:
Tricia Lund- President
Kelly Sundeen- Vice President
Valerie Damstra- Secretary
Stacey Miller- Treasurer