The Awana Year is in Full Swing
We had a great equipping season, that isn't quite over yet (read more about it below), and a great start to the year with many churches seeing new children coming to their Awana clubs for the very first time. We are passionate about equipping local church leaders to reach children with the gospel and engaging them in lifelong discipleship. This is the heartbeat of what we do!
We have one more training this fall which will take place in McAllen, Texas. It is a national training for Latino Ministry Directors on November 2nd and 9th. The first weekend we will be training "Master Trainers" who will be tasked with taking Awana to their local churches and communities to help start Awana Clubs and train leaders in Spanish. Thankfully, we will be doing the training in English. The second weekend we will be training the local leaders in Southern Texas in Awana Basics, in how to start and run an Awana Club.
This is a great opportunity for Awana to partner with Spanish speaking churches and really engage them in the mission to disciple kids. To read more about this visit https://www.awana.org/latinoen/. We are thankful that God has allowed us this opportunity to reach and disciple even more children!
Join us in prayer for these trainings and as we travel across Kansas encouraging Awana Leaders this fall.
Tyler & Katie O'Donnell
Each year we have churches who are opening their doors for a fun day for Awana clubbers across Kansas. This year Immanuel Baptist Church in Wichita wants to invite your Awana T&Ters and Sparkies to the Awana Games and Sparks-A-Rama hosted at their church. The games will be held at Immanuel Baptist Church in Wichita KS, November 2, from 8 am - 12 noon.
If you are interested, please take time to read the note below:
We want to encourage you to participate this year. The kids just love the excitement of the games in this setting. The gospel is shared, so if someone does not know Jesus that seed could be planted!
SAR will have the same games as we played last year with the exception of Balloon Battle. Balloon Battle will be replaced with 5 heats of One Lap Sprint. The requirements for a SAR team is 10-14 kids, kindergarten - 2nd grade, a minimum of either 2 girls or 2 boys.
AG will be the same games as last year. Remember, the game Inner Circle Outer Circle has replaced Balloon Relay. The requirements for a AG team is 10 - 14 3rd - 6th graders, a minimum of 5 girls and 5 boys. For both SAR and AG the clubber does not need to pass 10 sections (since it is still early in the school year), but they need to be actively attending in your clubs.
If you are having trouble finding at least 10 participants, we are willing to work with that. Please contact us either by email or on the AwanaGames Facebook page. Sometimes churches have extra kids who are willing to compete with another church. Otherwise, we will make adjustments by having your team toss the required number of tosses in Bean Bag Relay or have some kids go twice in the heats that require it, like Bean Bag Bonanza.
Listed below is a clear list of the games and the number of heats. For the running events in AG's, Sprint Race, Marathon Race, Sprint Relay, and Marathon Relay, once a clubber has run in one of these 4 events they cannot run in the other 3 running events.
Coaches training: We will not be having one this year. Watching the videos helps so much!
Line Judge training is at Grace Community Church, Newton KS, October 24, from 7 - 9 pm.
AG training video (8 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNezN3Xt8Eo
SAR training video (6 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqwMPXaZrlU
Inner Circle Outer Circle video is on the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/awanagames/
1. Sparky Crawl - 10 players - 2 heats
2. Sparky Safari - heat 1 - 4 players, heat 2 - 4 other players
3. One Lap Sprint - 5 heats - 5 different players
4. Rabbit Hunt - 10 players - 1 heat per team
5. Sparky Train - heat 1 - 5 players, heat 2 -5 other players
6. Sparky Balloon Pop - heat 1 - 10 players- girl pops balloon, heat 2 - 10 players - boy pops balloon
7. Sparky Beanbag - In and Out - heat 1 - 10 players, heat 2 - 10 players
8. Sparky Bowl - 6 heats - 6 different players
1. Beanbag Relay - heat 1 - 5 players, heat 2 - 5 other players, heat 3 - 10 players
2. Sprint Relay - 1 heat - 3 players - girl boy girl running order
3. Beanbag Bonanza - heat 1 - 5 players, heat 2 - 5 other players
4. Three-legged race - heat 1 - 2 girls, heat 2 - 2 boys
5. Sprint race - heat 1 - 3rd or 4th grade girl, heat 2 - 3rd or 4th grade boy
6. Four-Way Tug - heat 1 - 2 girls, heat 2 - 2 boys
7. Knock it Down - 6 heats - 6 different players
8. Marathon Relay - heat 1 - 3 players - boy girl boy running order
9. Marathon Race - heat 1 - 1 5th or 6th grade girl, heat 2 - 1 5th or 6th grade boy
10. Inner Circle Outer Circle - 6 heats - 6 different players
Please e-mail or call us if you have any questions.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org cell: 620-327-3252
Matt and Heather Friesen