Dear Coaches and Coordinators:
Please read this message in its entirety, and complete the four action items in red!
As many of you know, Magic Center began using MailChimp, an online email service, at the beginning of this year’s Odyssey season. Maintaining the subscriber list for one of the state’s largest regions had become increasingly challenging, and MailChimp has made this more manageable. It has also made it easier for us to format emails in a way that we hope better allows you to track deadlines and other items on your Odyssey to-do list.
At the same time, we are aware not only of many teams that have not completed and paid for their tournament registrations but also schools and organizations that have not yet started the membership registration process. Because we cannot be sure whether there is a connection between the change to MailChimp and these issues, we are sending this email out through both MailChimp and Anna’s Gmail account.
To date, we are aware of 15 school/organization memberships that haven’t begun the registration process.
Of the 108 teams that have started to register for the tournament:
- 32 have completed the process and paid
- 29 are “Ready for Payment”
- 8 are “Invoice Printed, Awaiting Payment”
- 39 are “Registration Incomplete” (which likely means Judge and/or Volunteer information has not been entered in its entirety)
We have no way of knowing how many teams have not yet begun the registration process, but using last year’s numbers as a reference, it’s not out of the realm of possibility for there to be 50 or more.
- If you did not receive two copies of this email — one from “Anna Long” and one from “Anna Long, Regional Director” — please check your spam filter and add “Anna Long, Regional Director” to your safe sender list! This is urgent, as all future messages — including many important communications regarding the regional tournament in February — will come through MailChimp.
- If you can’t find any record of an email from “Anna Long, Regional Director,” please email both Anna Long (email@example.com) and Tracy Larson (firstname.lastname@example.org) so they can try to troubleshoot the issue.
- Click on the tournament registration spreadsheet link to verify where you are in the registration process. If your registration doesn’t show a registration status of “Paid via Paypal” or “Paid by Check,” you are not finished!
- If you are having any problems registering your team, email Anna Long as soon as possible.
Thank you for your help!