Dalton Park Oktober-Fest 5k
Start Times and Race Important Information
Dear <<First Name>>
Thank you for confirming your intention to run the Dalton Park 5k this Sunday 11th October 2020.
It is important that we all follow the guidelines below so that the event runs to time and safely for all concerned. Please pay particular attention to the code of conduct below.
Your Start Time: <<Start Time>>
Please get to the start area no more than 5 minutes before your wave start time so we know you are ready to run.
PARKING - is available at Dalton Park Retail Outlet - DO NOT TRAVEL WITH PEOPLE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD
NO SPECTATORS are allowed due to Covid Restrictions - Do not congregate near the start or finish (you will be asked to leave)
RACE HQ - if you need any help on the day, please visit the race tent/HQ.
TOILETS - will be provided near the start area, in the Car Park on the left as you drive in.
START AREA - Near the Dancy Betty Pub follow signs in the Car Park to the start area, only arrive at start 5 minutes before you are due to start.
ROUTE - is a new route with a mix of surface from tarmac to trail (with some muddy sections in wet weather)
FINISH AREA - once you finish, please return to your car or the car park area to avoid other runners finishing.
WATER - we advise runners to bring/carry their own water
NUMBER AND CHIP - please wear your number on your running top (do not cover it up), attach it in all 4 corners using safety pins. Do not remove the foam that is protecting the timing chip.
IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR NUMBER IN THE POST, IT WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN YOU GET TO THE START (YOU CAN COLLECT IT 5 MINUTES BEFORE START - BRING YOUR OWN PINS PLEASE)
RESULTS - will be published after the race using your chip time.
MEDALS - following Run Britain's race guidelines, medals will not be given out at the finish - they will be posted out after the race (this also applies to any T-Shirts that were ordered).
SOCIAL DISTANCING - will be strictly maintained at the start and around the race HQ, please make sure you all adhere to this to help the race and protect other runners.
FIRST AID - is available as usual at the finish and on the course, we also have an isolation tent for anyone with Covid symptoms to be treated. Strict PPE and medical procedures will be followed by all volunteers and staff.
Don't forget your race number gives you 10% off in New Balance at Dalton Park. Please show it for the the discount to apply.
ROUTE MAP AND DIRECTIONS ARE ON THE RACE WEBSITE HERE
Participant Code of Conduct
Please ensure that you read and observe this code of conduct to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for everyone.
• Do not travel to the event if you are showing any symptoms of covid-19 as outlined by the NHS
• Do your homework – make sure you are aware of and understand the pre-race briefing information offered by your event above
• Come ready to run - minimise your interaction with race staff, volunteers and participants by being as self-sufficient as possible
• Come alone if you can
• Under no circumstances swap your number or give your place to another participant
• Be respectful to volunteers and participants
• Observe social distancing wherever possible
• Carefully consider your travel plans, avoiding public transport if at all possible
• Leave more time than you normally would to get to and from the event
• Be prepared to bring your own water and food and carry it with you during the race and please dispose of rubbish responsibly
• Be aware of your personal hygiene e.g. avoid spitting and nasal clearance
• Be mindful of your surroundings and impact on other participants, spectators, volunteers and the public. Don’t run with or carry children in the race.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer
• If you experience COVID symptoms soon after the event, then please make this known through the government’s Track & Trace system
Finally, we hope you enjoy your run at Dalton Park, we want to make this as safe as possible for everyone concerned and wish you the best of luck.