October 19, 2018
HALLOWEEN - Please stop by our office on Wednesday, October 31st during normal business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and bring the little ones. Staff will be dressed up in kid friendly costumes and have treats ready for the little ones. We look forward to seeing you and this would be a great time to update your account information!
November 6, 2018 General Election Information - Please click HERE for more information!
WINTER AVERAGING BEGINS IN DECEMBER
Your winter average rate will start recalculating on November 28th which is the first day of the December billing cycle. The winter averaging period spans three consecutive billing periods beginning in December and ending at the end of February. The water used during the averaging period will determine your monthly sewer charge from April 2019 through March 2020. New Residents are assigned a default sewer average calculation of 7,000 gallons.
Lower Your Sewer Costs
You can lower your sewer costs for the next year by conserving water during these billing periods. To help you conserve water in the winter months and lower your sewer average, follow these basic water-saving tips:
- check your irrigation system for leaks and turn them off during the fall and winter months;
- fix all leaky faucets and toilets;
- run your dishwasher and washing machine only with a full load;
- take shorter showers - place a timer in your bathroom;
- when buying new water-using appliances look for the WaterSense® label;
- visit; WaterisAwesome.com for water conservation tips and sign up for a free irrigation system evaluation
- If there is outside watering during the winter averaging period, that water volume will also be included in the winter average. Avoid this by making sure your irrigation systems are turned off.
About Winter Averaging
Winter averaging is calculated during the winter months when most residential water goes directly into the sanitary sewer system versus being used for outdoor watering. This measurement determines the cap on the volume of sewer you will be billed for each month for the next year. The months of December through February were chosen as the winter averaging months because those are the months our customers have the lowest usage.
Please notify us in writing if you will be filling a pool or experience a major leak during the months of December, January and February. Documentation of repairs to leaks is required.
Rate Changes Effective October 1, 2018
To view the adopted Rate Order in its entirety, click HERE