Virtual Professional Development Social - New Year, New Me!
Join us on Thursday, January 14th at 7 PM CST for our first-ever annual Professional Development Social! We will be discussing items from career growth to personal 2021 goals!
Please join via Google Meets
*Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or concerns
Holiday STEM gift ideas
If you’re looking to inspire a love of STEM in the children in your life or struggling to find the perfect gift for your STEM-loving friend or family member, check out these fun ideas of STEM gifts for kids and adults!
Volunteer opportunity: Invention Convention Worldwide
Invention Convention Worldwide is recruiting passionate volunteers to serve as online judges for the Invention Convention U.S. Nationals 2021. Judges will watch and review K-12 student inventions from across the country through video presentations and score the official rubric. As a judge, you will view the video presentations through your own professional lens and provide scores to students’ presentations and constructive feedback to help the students stay engaged in learning through doing.
Judging requirements are as follows:
- Judges must register on our online judging platform, zFairs. Registration will open early Spring of 2021.
- Judges must attend a virtual training session. (Dates TBD)
- Video judging will take place late May early June 2021 (exact dates TBD). Judges are asked to judge at least eight students (a two-hour commitment) over a several-day period.
If you are interested in becoming an Invention Convention Nationals Judge, please contact email@example.com
SWE Learning On Demand - Applications of Integrating Physics and Chemistry with AI
Augmented Intelligence is the key to driving rapid business value with AI. It’s a technology to supplement and support human intelligence, with humans remaining at the center of the decision-making process. Helps in aiding and accelerating the generative design process, whereby a human inputs the parameters and the machine finds countless ways of designing the object. The machine explores a plethora of options in record time and the human uses their expertise to select the best option, delivering value to customers and boosting efficiency. The ultimate goal of Augmented Intelligence systems is to augment the work, expertise and experience of any user from a customer to a field worker to a CEO by empowering them with machines that continually access, interpret, apply, and learn from the meaning hidden within all forms of data.
FREE for all SWE Members
Local engineering and geospatial firm TWM is seeking to fill the following positions.
- Civil Engineer - Site Design/Transportation (5+ years of experience) – Edwardsville, IL
- Electrical Engineer - Site Design (5+ years of experience) – Any TWM offica location
- Structural Engineer (5+ years of experience) – Swansea, Edwardsville & Waterloo, IL, St.Louis & St.Charles, MO
- Structural Engineer - Project Manager (5+ years of experience) – any TWM St. Louis office locations
- Advanced Traffic Engineer (5+ years of experience) – any TWM St. Louis office locations
- Water - Wastewater Engineering Manager (10+ years of experience) – Swansea, IL, St.Louis, MO
- Geospatial Technician (0-5 years of experience) – Franklin, TN
Details on all TWM job openings and application instructions can be found at http://www.twm-inc.com/jobs-at-twm/.
TWM has been named a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and is the 6th largest engineering firm in the St. Louis region according to the St. Louis Business Journal.