Dear community member,
as our loyal reader may know, we at Boundaryless provide our adopters with free and accessible design tools for the exploration, design, validation and development of platform-marketplace strategies. In this week's blog post you'll learn about:
The work we are premiering here on our latest blog post on the topic of growth, network effects, defensibility and product thinking in platforms is premised on demystifying and democratizing this thinking, opening it to as many as possible. For similar reasons, in 2013 we created the first Platform Design Toolkit - now adopted by thousands worldwide - and we later released the companion Platform Opportunity Exploration guide. Extending this framework to growth, defensibility and platform-product design is thus rooted in the same approach: making it easy and accessible for anyone, anywhere.
- the role of the product value proposition in platforms;
- how does the marketplace-platforms stack of looks like today;
- how the nature of the platform experience influences the network properties and thus the growth flywheels;
- the role of financial services in driving growth;
- how the process of rebundling is redefining what platforms and marketplaces do in mature markets.
Why do we think that this is the case? We believe platform growth is now a basic capability to be built in teams and organization and here’s why: marketplaces and platforms are now pervasive.
This essay is the first "research update" in a process that will be a few months long and will lead to the publication of a new "Growth Guide" and a new learning course for our community to enjoy.
Subscribe here https://platformdesigntoolkit.com/growth-subscribe to:
- be notified for all research updates releases;
- be notified for new webinars we're going to organize on the topic;
- get access to a Super Early Bird heavily discounted ticket on the course release date;