Parents and Scouts,

We’ve all been looking forward to an amazing summer camp in the great state of Minnesota.  However, the prospects do not look promising.  Covid-19 infections are increasing exponentially, and many Americans are still not following social distancing protocols.  The federal response has been less than impressive.  It seems unlikely to me that the virus will be contained by July.  And, of course, there is no vaccine or treatment.

The troop has experienced outbreaks at two summer camps in the past.  In both cases, infections spread rapidly in the close contact camp environment—with severe consequences.  This summer we would have the added risks of airline travel and being far from home.

For these reasons, it seems prudent to put our plans on hold for the time being.  Please do not send summer camp deposits now.  If things change, we’ll regroup and see what’s possible.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.  I hope you’re all well and staying safe.

Steve Marcy

Please support Troop 2 by remembering to bookmark and click on this link to the Troop's Amazon Smile account so that a portion of every purchase will benefit the troop! 

Copyright © 2020 Troop 2 Santa Monica, All rights reserved.
You are on this list because you have an association with Boy Scouts Troop 2.

Our mailing address is:
Troop 2 Santa Monica
3242 Stoner Ave.
Los Angeles, Ca 90066

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp