After a long Covid hiatus, Give Us Wings is so excited to bring back the opportunity for volunteers to visit Uganda to learn about and participate in our programs. If you've dreamed of visiting Africa, longed to travel with a purpose, or just want to see what GUW is accomplishing, this trip is for you! (Need a second opinion? CNN.com just listed Uganda as a top travel destination for 2023.)
- Meet face-to-face with GUW staff in Uganda and some of the people who are benefitting from our programs.
- Participate in community outreach activities tailored to your own skills and interests.
- Have the opportunity to spend a "day in the life" with a family in Tororo.
- Enjoy the beauty of the country through recreational activities such as climbing the Tororo Rock or visiting Mt. Elgon.
- Visit some of the schools where our sponsored students study.
- Learn about the culture, traditions, and foods of eastern Uganda.
- Make meaningful connections with people on the other side of the world!