Exercise for Your Brain
You have probably heard that exercise is good for your brain health. But do you know the science behind it all? Below are a few ways exercise helps to enhance brain health.
- Delivers more oxygen & nutrients to the brain by means of increased blood flow
- Releases nourishing proteins which promote the growth of new neurons (building blocks of the brain)
- The body releases feel-good chemicals known as dopamine and endorphins. This lowers stress and boosts mood.
- Improves long-term and short-term memory
- Boosts energy levels during the day & helps you sleep better at night
Click on the source below to learn more from the Dana Foundation about how exercise affects the brain.