It's Still My Anniversary!
Today, December 1st, marks the continuation of the celebration of my 20th Anniversary as a published author! To celebrate this career milestone, I will be giving away 20 copies of one of my books each month for the next 12 months!
In addition to my December release, Kilty Pleasures, I will also be releasing a Valentine's Day novella on February 3, 2017. Paging Dr. Cupid is a follow-up to last year's Candy Hearts romance, Only Yours. Pre-order links will be available soon.
A Holiday Treat
One of my favorite treats to make with my grandchildren. They're easy, require only a few ingredients and have preparation elements that even the youngest can master.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) thinly sliced white bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or other flavor of choice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Flatten bread with a rolling-pin to 1/8" thickness (great job for toddlers)
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, flavoring, and confectioners’ sugar.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Roll up, jelly roll style.
- Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 16 roll-ups. Good warm or cold. ADDICTING!