IBAC: UPDATE Keeping Business Flying Around The World For The Industry, By The Industry
A NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
It was a pleasure to participate in Singapore Business Aviation Week in early June, sponsored by the Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA). AsBAA held a Safety Day, its Annual General Meeting, and AsBAA Takes Off, an airside meeting and education session at Seletar Airport. The events were well-attended, including by government officials, and I was impressed by the level of energy and excitement around building further the business aviation community. Congratulations to the new AsBAA Board of Directors, led by Mr. Wu Zhendong.
IBAC was also privileged in June to co-present with the Bermuda Civil Aviation Authority a working paper on our cooperation in IS-BAO, at an ICAO meeting of the directors general of civil aviation from North and Central America and the Caribbean. In a world where relatively few authorities understand how appropriately to oversee business aviation or general aviation operations, the Bermuda-IBAC model may offer a practical way forward.
Coming up in July, I am looking forward to participating in the Canadian Business Aviation Association’s annual meeting in Calgary. I hope to see many of you there.
At a meeting of DGs of Civil Aviation for North & Central America and Caribbean, Dominica, newest @icao member state, joins No Country Left Behind initiative to build its safety capacities. @IBACBizAv1 is here to co-present with Bermuda our cooperation on IS-BAO #bizavpic.twitter.com/xvUeY64qSF
— IBACBizAv (@IBACBizAv1)
Workshops & Events
REGISTER for a workshop near you, today. View all IS-BAO and IS-BAH Workshops HERE
• IS-BAH Stage 1 Registrations have now reached 170 locations as we continue with the positive momentum with professional ground handling organizations.
• Following the 6th IS-BAH Standards Board meeting held in Geneva in May 2019, the 2019/20 IS-BAH Manual suite is now available for download from the IS-BAH website from 01st July 2019.
• The ICAO Ground Handling Task Force (GHTF) working document has now been completed and awaiting publication from ICAO aimed at States, aerodromes, operators and GHSPs themselves.
• New Guidance material and assessment criteria for the IS-BAO Standard is being developed for the Implementation Guide. The Guidance will be vetted and enhanced by auditor and operator review groups.
• IBAC and Helicopter Association International (HAI) are continuing to refine IS-BAO cooperation in support of helicopter operators.
• The 2019 Standards Board will accept nominations for volunteer members soon. Please discuss with your Member Association or contact email@example.com if interested in sharing your expertise with the industry.