Please join us in welcoming Cameo to the Made by Momma leadership team!
Cameo’s passion for volunteering began with her years in the “Adopt a Grandparent” program in her small town seniors living residence, and a Candy Striper at her local hospital growing up. She became a personal supporter and champion of Made by Momma shortly after moving to Calgary 8 years ago. With a history of volunteer management and fundraising experience, as well as many years supporting pregnant and new moms through her work as a birth and postpartum doula, Lamaze educator and breastfeeding counselor, Cameo is excited to bring her years of experience, passion and new ideas to the Board of Directors as our new (Manager of Volunteer Resources).
“I am super excited to join the Board and bring new ideas and plans while learning from the years of combined experience of the others! I have three children, a very supportive husband, a rescue dog named Lexi, and a Cat (named Cat)! I am a self-admitted foodie and wine lover, I enjoy entertaining, camping in the Mountains, and trying new restaurants. Joining Made by Momma’s board in September was perfect timing to help fill a bit of a void after leaving part of my heart in Victoria, for her first year of University. I will be at Made by Momma’s Resource Centre every Wednesday for drop in volunteering and coffee, come by and say hi!”
Keep your eye open for upcoming Teen Volunteer Night, and Family Volunteer Days!
Past in non-profit
- volunteer resource management and fundraising
- working with vulnerable sector, homeless, shelters, HIV/AIDS
- first baby in 2001
- became passionate about all things birth and baby related after second born in 2004
- postpartum doula
- breastfeeding counselor
- Birth Doula
- Lamaze educator
- Third baby in 2010
- Relocated to Calgary in early 2011
- Several successful small businesses
- Consulting business focused on social media and online marketing
- Closed business to focus on family
- Volunteered for various occasions and events over five years
- Daughter joined the volunteer team
- Daughter left for university 2019 and Cameo wanted to take on a more active volunteer, one in which she could involve her whole family (boys 15 and 9, husband)
- MBM Volunteer Resource Coordinator allowed for 20 years of combined experience to have a perfect landing place – working with volunteers, fundraising, supporting vulnerable individuals, understanding and passion for moms and babies, children who are struggling, social media
- Joined the team in Sept 2019