Dear Petra Academy Community,
I have exciting news!
A current family at the school (who wishes to remain anonymous) has pledged a match of up to $75,000 for all funds raised between now and May 31, 2019.
The timing of this very generous offer couldn't be better as we introduce and launch our new Petra Academy Griffin Giving Society. Keep reading!
The Griffin Giving Society
The goal of our new Giving Society is simple: we invite you - parent, grandparent, alumnus, friend of classical Christian education - to partner with us in our mission for the next three years by committing to give $1,000, $5,000, or $10,000 each year. You can do this quarterly, semi-annually, or annually. All gifts are tax-deductible.
(Note: If you're not yet ready to become a member of the Griffin Giving Society, but still want to give a one-time gift to be matched, you still can! Keep reading!)
Giving Society pledges go directly to our general fund, out of which we allocate student scholarships, pay teacher salaries, and keep the lights on. It is independent of gifts that members may choose to make toward capital campaigns or designated gifts (though we are thankful for your generosity in those areas as well).
Each year, we will keep Society members involved through the following:
- Quarterly Updates. So you know what is going on and how your gifts are making a difference in the lives of our students, expect to hear from me every three months with the latest in-depth updates.
- Free Athletic Admission. We've held out as long as we can, but we're going to begin charging admission for junior varsity and varsity games next year. Griffin Giving Society members will get a free pass.
- Giving Society Receptions. As a way to recognize you and have you meet other Giving Society members, you will be invited to periodic Giving Society receptions. These are to share our appreciation for you and give you insight into Petra directly from leaders, teachers, and students.
And now, when you make your first gift and commit to the Griffin Giving Society for the next three years, you can double your initial impact thanks to the $75,000 match!
I hope you'll take a moment to prayerfully consider becoming part of this new initiative to help ensure a solid financial future for Petra Academy. (In years to come, we plan to work toward establishing an endowment for the school to provide $100,000 each year to help cover operational costs.)
There are two ways to join:
- Go to our website and let us know how you would like to give (monthly, semi-annually, or annually) and at what giving level ($1,000, $5,000, or $10,000). Again, if you'd just like to make a one-time gift to be matched at this time, follow the link and simply choose a lesser amount.
- If you'd rather give by check, make it out to Petra Academy and send it (along with your preferred frequency and giving level) to 4720 Classical Way, Bozeman, MT, 59718.
Regardless of the amount or how you contribute, all gifts are tax-deductible and will be acknowledged with our thanks so you know we received your contribution. But remember: we can only apply the match to your initial gift if we receive it by May 31, 2019!
Please Contact Me with Questions
I can't say enough how much I appreciate your consideration of this significant opportunity for our school, but I don't want to assume that I've answered all your questions. If there's anything I can help with as part of your evaluation, please let me know! You can reach me by email or phone (406-582-8165).
Thank you for your care for our school! We are grateful for your prayers.
For Christ's Truth, Goodness, and Beauty,
Craig Dunham, Petra Headmaster
PS: Again, if you're not ready to become a member of the Griffin Giving Society, but still want to give towards the match, please do! We will ensure it gets matched. Thank you!