Copy

Saving money wherever we can

As we are preparing to move into our new building, we've found countless ways to make our new facilities look great, while making sure we make the best use of the resources that God has provided for us.  The office in the library is a great example of that.

Our quote to furnish that office was about $10,000.  We knew we wanted it to look great, but we also had a long list of things we needed for the new building.  Amy Lofgren, who serves as our school librarian, came up with a creative solution to outfitting her new office.  With the help of her family, she repurposed some of the cabinets from the 3rd grade room and arranged for a countertop to be installed by the same company that did the work in our new school office.  Along with a great deal on a large desk from our supply company in Omaha, and the office will be totaly outfitted for under $1,000.

We look forward to everyone being able to tour our new building soon and for God to begin using it as a place where His word is shared on a daily basis.

 

A Financial Report from Erik Borgmeyer

The amount we need in tithes and offerings each week of July is a little under $39,000.  After two weeks, we have received $88,500, which has us a bit over $10,000 ahead of budget for the month.  We're continually thankful for all of you as we keep doing ministry during these unique times.

Our Forward in Faith campaign has received over $33,000 in July, which nearly surpasses what we were given in June.  We've reached more than 75% of the amount pledged and pray that God will provide the remaining 25% by the time we end this campaign next year.  

Take a look at the thermometer below to see our progress.
Copyright © 2020 Messiah Lutheran Church, All rights reserved.


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp