State Officer Candidate Packet
The State Officer page on the SkillsUSA Georgia website can be found here:
The updated State Officer Application can be found here:
1. A student must be a member for at least two years (the second year can include the year they are running).
2. A student must be either a sophomore or junior to run for a SkillsUSA Georgia State Officer position.
3. A student must have completed one course in the below areas AND plan to take an additional course during year of service: Architecture, Construction, Graphics, Video, Transportation, Public Safety or Cosmetology.
4. A school may run only one State Officer candidate.
5. A state officer MUST be enrolled in their high school/career center full-time for their year of service, per membership bylaws.
6. A slate of 6 officers will be elected. The 6 candidates with the highest total score will compose the slate of officers. During the State Officer Training, it will be determined which office each elected student will hold. The official offices are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter, and Parliamentarian.*A slate of 5 officers may be elected if SkillsUSA has a National Officer Candidate to make a total of six. National Officer Candidates are selected in February by a nationwide panel. See National Officer Application for further details.
7. A candidate may ONLY compete in a leadership contest during their year of service and year of campaigning.
NATIONAL OFFICER CANDIDATE UPDATED INFORMATION
In order to become a National Officer candidate, you have to have served as a State Officer first. The SkillsUSA Georgia State Office has held conversations with the National Office, and it is their recommendation that a state association send a Candidate that has served as a State Officer. It is our desire to send the most qualified Candidate to the national level to represent SkillsUSA Georgia. We believe that the State Officer program is the best platform to set students up for success in a leadership capacity.